8 Ways Realtors Help You Purchase a Home
Buying a home is a legal transaction, a large financial investment, and a major life decision that affects everything from your children’s quality of education to your family’s happiness in the community.
Navigating a real estate purchase is tricky business. The web has made it possible to do a lot of the work yourself, but there’s no substitute for an experienced negotiator who knows the market, can save you time, money and heartache by helping you make the right offer.
Here are 8 ways a Realtor can help you buy a home:
1. Explain real estate principles, contracts and documents.
- There are pages of complicated legal contracts and documents that go into the offer of a home. For those that aren’t dealing with them on a consistent basis, they can be confusing. Realtors will explain what you’re signing to give you peace of mind throughout the process and save you time. They will also ensure you have all essential documents to a strong offer, with no delays, and a high likelihood of you winning the home.
2. Refer you to a reputable lender.
- The first step before home shopping is the pre-approval process to help assess your financial situation and know how much you can afford. Lucky for you, Realtors work with lenders almost daily and have trusted, established relationships with trusted mortgage lenders.
3. Better access to homes/help you search.
- Realtors will search, screen and preview selected properties that meet your needs. They have access to the Northwest Multiple Listing Service which offers an abundant of information that allows them to stay up to date on homes that could meet your needs, as soon as they’re available. Plus, this will save you time.
4. Arrange tours.
- There’s something about walking into a space and being taken over with the feeling of “knowing” it’s the right home. It’s not always the first. Realtors will set up personal tours of homes you like, until you walk into “the one.”
5. Determine market value of homes.
- Don’t overpay for a home. Realtors have market knowledge and access to tools that ensure you’re making the right investment on a property you love.
6. Writing and negotiating an offer.
- Having an experienced negotiator on your side is essential to getting the most value of the home you’re purchasing. In addition, they’ll do all the work in writing the strongest offer possible, with your best interest in mind.
- Realtors will accompany you during the inspection and coordinate necessary steps after the inspection, if needed.
8. Work with escrow company.
- Your realtor will work with the escrow company to ensure all needed documents are in order and completed in a timely matter.
So, by working with a realtor on a home search:
- You’ll be more likely to find a home that meets your criteria
- You’ll decrease the amount of time it takes to find your home
- You’ll understand all the terms, processes and documents involved
- You’ll have current market information to make informed decisions
- You’ll have a skilled negotiator on your side
- You’ll have peace of mind that all the details are being handled.
Follow me on Social!