New Year, New House? 4 MUST DO's If You're Buying in 2018
WHAT YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW IF YOU'RE BUYING NEXT YEAR
Happy NEW YEAR! New Year, New House? Chris Lord of Caliber Home Loans and I discuss 4 essential things to do RIGHT NOW, if you're buying a house in 2018.
1. Start Now!
- Start embedding in your head that you're going to buy a house in 2018. Start having the conversations around it.
- Plan for it- how much do you need to save for a downpayment? Do you need to spend more wisely?
- It's never too early to plan - even talking to lender BEFORE tax season will give you a good gauge and a plan.
2. Talk to a Lender
- Talk to a lender sooner than later. What a lender will do is advise how much downpayment you'll need, what you're monthly mortgage will be, and your purchasing power.
- Again, it's never too early to start. A lender can help align your goals and may uncover action items for you that may take months to overcome.
3. Talk to a Realtor
- After you talk to a lender, you'll get your "purchasing power" AKA how much you can afford.
- Reatlors, full time Realtors know the market VERY well. They can help set your expectations, help give you an idea of what you can get for your money, and assist you throughout the whole process.
4. Be PATIENT
- Yes, home buying is a process and can take sometimes longer than anticipated.
- Don't get discouraged if you don't get the first home you love or think to yourself "nothing will come back up like this" because there will.
- The BEST way to handle it is to BE PREPARED!
Are you thinking about starting your home buying journey?
Reach out, we can help you.
Austin Schneider, Realogics Sotheby's International Realty | email@example.com
Chris Lord, Caliber Home Loans | firstname.lastname@example.org